How to Register
To register for courses at the Holland College Marine Training Centre call 902-888-6485 or e-mail.
Full payment of course fees must be made at time of registration, whether by mail or in person. We will accept a deposit of $100 to reserve a seat. This deposit will be credited towards the course tuition.
An administration fee of $15.00 will be charged for processing N.S.F. cheques.
Income Tax Receipts
The T2202A form for income tax purposes will be mailed by the end of February for courses taken in the previous year. Please allow at least one week for delivery. Please advise the Marine Training Centre if you change your address.
Course Cancellation and Transfers
Every course offered by the Marine Training Centre must meet minimum enrollment. If a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, registrants will be notified. Registrants may transfer to another course or receive a full refund.
Refund Policy for Courses:
- Applicants who officially notify the centre of the decision to cancel their seats prior to program commencement are eligible for a refund of the confirmation fee as follows:
- 50% of the confirmation fee will be refunded up to 30 days prior to the registration date of the program.
- 25% of the confirmation fee will be refunded up to the end of the last working day prior to registration day.
- Other refunds to registered students will be granted under the following conditions:
- A student exits the program or course within sixty 60 calendar days after the day of commencement.
- A student exits for health reasons and supplies a medical certificate.
- The amount of refund will be determined by pro-rating the tuition and lab fees based on the time the student was registered in the program.
- A student who is dismissed from a program or course will not be eligible for a refund.
- All refunds will be approved by the Chief Financial Officer or a designated authority.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, direct debit or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express).
Holland College reserves the right to cancel courses with less than the minimum number of participants.
For other questions, please feel free to contact:
Steve MacFarlane, Master Mariner
Marine Training Centre
100 Water Street
Summerside, PE Canada
1-800-446-5265 press 4 (toll-free in North America)