By the end of this training, learners will independently analyze issues with the building envelope, work effectively to preserve the building envelope, and defend why issues in the building envelope affect energy efficiency.
The assessment for this microcredential will require learners to:
- Identify the issues that will cause inefficiencies.
- Identify the trade(s) responsible to fix the issues.
- Execute code and best practices in your own work with the building envelope.
- Communicate with other trades about issues identified in the building envelope.
- Follow up with collaborative communication between trades.
- Articulate why best practices and codes must be followed to preserve energy efficiency.
In order to develop competency, learners will:
- Recognize energy-efficient construction and building design.
- Understand the foundations of energy-efficient framing.
- Review the impact of insulation and air barriers.
- Relate the National Building Code to their trades’ work in energy efficiency.
- Interpret a field lab demonstration for application in an authentic work environment.