Student Job Posting - Culinary Opportunties
Mission Hill Family Estate
Employer: Mission Hill Family Estate
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2018
- CULINARY OPPORTUNITIES SEASONAL POSITION DATES: APRIL – OCTOBER
- Apply online: www.missionhillwinery.com
- Mission Hill Family Estate has long been regarded a jewel of the British Columbia wine industry; producing world-class wines from its stunning location perched atop the sweeping hills of West Kelowna, British Columbia.
- Our Culinary Philosophy At Mission Hill Family Estate, our culinary program is dedicated to the sourcing and promotion of local, sustainable, seasonal food.
- Our Cuisine du Terroir approach lends itself to a light-handed manner of preparation that respects the character of the ingredient and from where it is sourced.
- Our varietal and herb gardens are steps away from our kitchens, and we educate and encourage our team members to explore foraging opportunities that lay at our doorstep.
- From farm tours to food and wine tastings, we strive to ensure our team acquires the knowledge and appreciation of the valley and the winery needed to surpass our guests’ expectations.
- Each team member will have the opportunity to hone their culinary skills and develop professional relationships that will last a lifetime while working with our accomplished and celebrated culinary team.
- Join our Team! SOUS CHEF This role will be responsible for providing leadership to the kitchen brigade and ensuring meals exceed Mission Hill culinary and service standards.
- Our leaders must have a genuine passion for fine dining and committed to building a strong and motivated team.
- CHEF DE PARTIE This role will be responsible for all culinary stations and will expedite service in a professional manner in the absence of the Sous Chef.
- The right candidate should possess a proven understanding of contemporary cooking styles and express a passion to develop food and wine pairing knowledge.
- DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE This role will be responsible for a station on the line during à la carte service, requiring strong technical ability to execute service.
- The right candidate will possess a keen sense of awareness, attention to detail, and desire to develop skills.
- PASTRY COOK This role will be responsible for demonstrating strong skills in baking, pastry and chocolate techniques.
- The right candidate will possess a high level of organizational and interpersonal skills as well as an ability to work in both team and independent environments.
- INTERN In this role, we will teach the basics of knife skills, time management, organization, cleanliness, teamwork, work ethic, communication, and multi-tasking.
- Our interns are responsible for bringing energy, determination, and a passion to improve their skills every day.
- They will assist chefs with set up, plating and expediting both lunch and dinner services.
- Are you up for the challenge? We look forward to receiving your online application through our website: www.missionhillwinery.com
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Online @ http://www.missionhillwinery.com/