Student Job Posting - Junior EDI Consultant
Employer: CONTAX Inc.
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Dec 31, 2017
- Are you looking for a role that combines your interest in technology and business?
- Could you see yourself working with the world's largest ERP software, SAP?
- Do you want to create solutions that solve complex business problems by applying your analytical and programming skills?
- Do you want to work in an environment that values leadership and provides the opportunity to grow and learn? Haven't had exposure to SAP or ERP before?
- CONTAX provides an extensive training program to build your SAP knowledge and expertise. At CONTAX we are continuously looking for top IT talent, who have a passion for improving businesses of all sizes.
- We are looking to expand our team with those who thrive on working in a dynamic, and client facing environment.
- Our rapid growth and expansion creates challenging, rewarding and interesting career opportunities for career-minded professionals wanting to expand their horizons and take their careers to the next level.
- Interpret business issues into technical solutions
- Execute client projects within timelines and budgets
- Work to develop an open, honest relationship with clients and partners
- Communicate with CONTAX staff, both senior and junior to ensure all clients' needs are addressed
- Provide customers with value-added service and results
- Carry out assignments focused on helping customers meet their business needs
- Work under minimum supervision, seeking guidance from mentors when needed
- Design and implement technical solutions customized to meet client needs
- Evaluate and re-engineer clients' existing business processes
- Develop custom reporting tools
- Translate business requirements to SAP functional designs including: interface, report, and application extension design - Provide input into the design of SAP enhancements and roll outs, offering advice and thoughts providing feedback.
- Develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards.
- Provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking and resolution.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Functional configuration in a specific area of a client's ERP system
- Manage existing client relationships
- Build new client relationships and secure new strategic partnerships
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- Programming experience
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Proven success in both team-oriented and individual environments
- Exhibit a high degree of technical and professional competence
- Work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer
- Personality, Behaviour and Attitude
- Listen to the customer
- Approach problems in a methodical and logical manner
- Use analytical thinking, research and effective communication
- Must have the ability to take ownership of one's work
- Must be outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident.
- Consultants have to be able to hold a conversation in a non-technical area
- Consultants must demonstrate some level of passion about a hobby, team, activity group
- Consultants must be trustworthy and punctual.
- *Attention to detail*: Consultants who are detail oriented and have a good grasp of their time management can be very successful despite other shortcomings that are technical in nature.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by: