The Music Performance program trains musicians for the commercial music and entertainment industry. Students learn how to interpret and perform many contemporary music styles such as rock, country, funk, R&B, jazz, Celtic and world music, and have a strong understanding of the theory, analysis and influences of contemporary music styles. Students also learn the business aspects of a self-managed career in the music industry.
The Holland College School of Performing Arts (SoPA) is a partnership between Holland College and Confederation Centre of the Arts.
Only those who have applied to the Music Performance program can audition.
- Detailed list of audition requirements.
- Download an example of a Music Theory and Aural Skills exam that will be administered as part of the audition for the Music Performance program here.
|Location:||SoPA, Prince of Wales Campus|
|Credential Issued:||Diploma, Music Performance|
Graduates may find employment as performers in concert halls, cruise ships, lounges and theatres, and in film, television and recording studios, or may be self-employed.
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the nationally accepted reference on occupations in Canada. It organizes over 40,000 job titles into 500 occupational group descriptions. It is used daily by thousands of people to compile, analyze and communicate information about occupations, and to understand the jobs found throughout Canada’s labour market. This program provides skills training that falls within the duties described in the following: NOC 5133.
- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level
- Performance and theory audition. (Please see above.)
- Resumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program.
College Foundation program
Feeling like you’re not quite ready for college? Check out the College Foundation program.
Interested in taking a credit course but don’t want to register for an entire program? Credit courses provide credit toward a diploma or certificate program. Holland College has a variety of options for studying part time during the day, or, in some instances, in the evening or on the weekend.
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Music Performance program, contact: