The roll out of Windows 10 and Office 2016 will take place across the College in between April and July 2017.
- Computer Labs (will simply be wiped during the summer and new images with Windows 10 and Office 2016 will be installed)
- Staff Computers
- Most staff will simply have their existing computer “upgraded” to Windows 10 and Office 2016 – without anything else changing. Applications, printers, etc. will remain intact on the computer. Since the actual upgrade process occurs on computers during the evening hours, there is virtually no downtime during working hours.
- Any staff getting a new (to them) computer, or who need their computer wiped for other reasons, will get a fresh installation of Windows 10 and Office 2016. This will need to be scheduled with staff so they have time to backup any personal files as with any typical computer replacement/refresh.
- Podium PC’s, AV Cart PC’s, and other miscellaneous PC’s (will simply be wiped during the summer and new images with Windows 10 and Office 2016 will be installed)
- February to April 2017 … Testing phase
- By end of June 2017 … All faculty/staff computers will be upgraded
- By end of July 2017 … All computer upgrades will be complete