Microsoft Office 365 for Education is a suite of online applications which are accessible from almost any device, at work or at home.
- Any staff or student who can log into the College network/email – automatically can access all the Office 365 apps using that same username and password
- Why would you WANT to use Office 365?
- You no longer need to use Dropbox or Google Drive – you have 1Tb of space available using Microsoft OneDrive – and you can save directly to your OneDrive space from Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and many other applications.
- You no longer need Google Docs to create, share and simultaneously edit documents with others – use Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, OneNote, etc… No more document formatting issues!! You don’t even need these installed on your computer and you can access them from anywhere with an Internet connection!
- Try using OneNote to create and share documents, meeting notes, etc…. it’s much easier to create media-rich documents than using Word – You can add photos, tables, Visio Drawings and easily drag and drop them anywhere within the page (no more fighting with alignment of text, photos, etc.). Share your Notebook with colleagues, students, etc. .. Allow them to add/edit if you want! This is really great for recording meeting notes, inserting voice notes into your document, etc… tons of possibilities!
- You no longer need to setup and manage separate Gmail accounts to share documents and calendars .. This can be done using Outlook and OneDrive. Holland College staff and students are already in your address book – much easier to send messages, appointments, etc.
- Hold online meetings where you can present your desktop to a group of participants, have a Q&A session during your meeting, or have everyone participate in a poll about a particular slide or topic you are presenting .. Maybe you just want to instant message someone? This is easily done with Skype for Business!!