Almost one-third of our students come from off-island.
Here are some reasons why!
- Safe and welcoming environment – Prince Edward Island is well known for our hospitality and friendliness. We are a place where people still take time to talk to strangers, and our crime rate is the lowest in Canada.
- So much to choose from – Holland College offers more than 70 credentials in a wide variety of areas in 13 campuses and centres across the province.
- Academic reputation – Holland College is a publicly funded post-secondary institution with ISO 9001:2008 certification, and many of our programs are nationally accredited.
- Employment – Our graduates are finding jobs! In fact, 93 per cent of the Class of 2013 were employed within one year of graduation.
- Smaller class sizes – Our students enjoy smaller classes, where they get to know their classmates and their instructors.
- Student Life – We make sure our students receive the best education in their chosen field while enjoying the best college experience.
- Affordability – Our tuition is affordable, and much less expensive than many U.S. and international schools. And 18 of our programs are approved by the U.S. Department of Education for the processing of the Title IV William D. Ford Federal Direct Loans.
- Degree pathways – We have over 160 program-specific agreements in place with universities and colleges across Canada, the U.S., and overseas. This means you can earn your diploma here and then earn your university degree in as little as two additional years. You can see all the degree pathways here, or check each program page to see related degree pathways.
- Athletics – Our varsity athletics teams, the Hurricanes, are winning regional and national titles. We also offer club level sports and a variety of recreational and intramural sports. For more info, visit our Athletics webpage.
- Skills-oriented training – Holland College is an internationally recognized leader in hands-on, skills based training.