Integrated Technology Services (ITS) provides infrastructure and IT support to the entire college community. We have staff on the Prince of Wales Campus, the Summerside Waterfront Campus and in the Tourism and Culinary Centre to provide technology services to college locations across P.E.I.
From our centralized service desk in the Centre for Applied Sciences and Technology on the Prince of Wales Campus, our staff provide the infrastructure and support for computing services, audio visual, administrative systems, and web development.
The ITS Department provides support during the hours of operation posted below. To submit a service request:
Current Staff and Students are provided with a Holland College user account to access most systems/applications at Holland College:
During the APPLICATION process, students are provided with a WebAdvisor account, which is only used until a student successfully REGISTERS into a course/program at Holland College
After completing the REGISTRATION process, students are provided with a Holland College user account, that will be used to access all Holland College networks and applications.
Within 2 hours of REGISTERING, a student's personal email account should receive an email from Integrated Technology Services which will contain all the necessary information to access Holland College networks and applications.
IMPORTANT: Although you will have the ability to immediately log in using your Holland College username and password, it will take 6 to 24 hours before your can log into your SAM account.
A student's Holland College account remains active for 90 days after completing their studies at Holland College. However, a student may access their WebAdvisor account indefinitely, providing the ability to complete tax returns, etc. as needed.
New staff first receive a user account from the HR Department that is used to access all their Human Resources information.
New staff are then provided with a Holland College user account that allows access to most Holland College networks and applications. This account is created by the ITS Department only when requested by the Human Resources Department at Holland College.
A Staff accounts are disabled/removed as directed by their immediate supervisor.
IMPORTANT: Please note that a student MUST have successfully REGISTERED into their courses at Holland College before they can access any computer or applications at the College (on premise or online).
Within 2 hours after REGISTERING for courses, Integrated Technology Services will send the Holland College username/password combination to the students' PERSONAL email account that was used during the APPLICATION process. With their Holland College user account, students can access the following Holland College applications (on-premise or online).
To Log In: (use your full email address and password to log on to your work/school account)
If students are having problems logging into the Holland College network for the first time, the most common reasons are:
They have not completed the registration process.
They have completed the registration process but have not waited the 2 hours for the Holland College user account to become active
They may not have checked their personal email for the email from Integrated Technology Services which contains their Holland College username and password (check your JUNK folder and TRASH in case the email accidentally ended up in one of these locations)
If students are having problems logging into SAM for the first time, the most common reasons are:
They have not successfully logged in with their Holland College user account for the first time - as per the section above
They have not waited the additional 6-24 hours for their SAM account to become active
DOWNLOAD OFFICE 365
All current Holland College staff and students may access Microsoft Office Online applications, or download the latest FULL version of Microsoft Office to be used on up to (5) personal devices [latest version is Office 2019, but it continually updates]
Holland College’s subscription to the Microsoft Campus Agreement provides a membership to the Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching. This membership grants active faculty, staff and students currently teaching or attending one or more courses in any of the STEM departments, access to Microsoft software, professional development tools and services.
STEM is defined as a department or program containing a technical discipline of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
The software is available at no extra cost for students, faculty, and staff to download and install on their personally owned computers. Software acquired through this subscription may also be installed on departmental lab workstations.
Membership to Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching subscription also includes:
- Microsoft platform, server and developer tools software as well as betas and new releases
- Online access to all Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching content
- The software must be used for instructional and research purposes.
- Students may install the software on their personal machines for use with coursework and personal development projects.
- The software is not to be used to run a business or for ventures that drive commercial profit.
- The downloaded and licensed software will cease to function when you are no longer an active faculty, staff, or student at Holland College.
You can see a list of products included by clicking on the following link:
1. Visit https://azureforeducation.microsoft.com/devtools 2. Sign in using your Holland College email account and current password 3. On the “Student Verification” page, answer the questions, solve the captcha, then click on “NEXT”. 4. Agree to the terms, then click on “Verify academic status and accept terms”. 5. On the Education Overview page, in the left sidebar, click on “Software”. 6. Search through the list of available software and click on the link of a title you are interested in. 7. A sidebar will open on the right-side of the screen with a “Download” button to download the software, and a “View Key” button to view your software license key.