- Full refunds will be issued if a course is cancelled. Refunds will be issued within four to six weeks.
- While a student’s account is overdue, the student will not:
- Be able to register for any program or course offered by the college,
- Be permitted to participate in on-the-job training activities,
- Be permitted to participate in any graduation or other recognition ceremonies,
- Receive a diploma, certificate, transcript or any other official student record until all accounts are paid in full.
- All overdue accounts are subject to interest charges.
Refunds to students will be granted under the following conditions:
- If a student exits a course within ten (10) business days of the course start date, the student will receive a full refund for the course less an administrative fee of $50 per course.
- If a student exits a course after ten (10) business days of the course start date, but before 20 business days of the course start date, the student will receive a fifty percent (50%) refund for the course.
- If a student exits a course after 20 business days from the course start date, the student will receive no refund for the course.
General Interest / Industry Standard:
If a student cancels before the first class, they will receive a full refund less a processing fee. No refund will be issued after the commencement of the course.