Transitions began as a pilot project between Holland College and the PEI Department of Education in the 2002/2003 school year. In its inaugural year, Transitions hosted 16 students from Bluefield Senior High School. The program has grown to take in over 80 students annually and partners with schools in eastern and western high schools to offer programs in both Charlottetown and Summerside.
- To give Prince Edward Island high school students the opportunity to make informed decisions about their post-secondary options
- To reignite the learning process through student-centered, activity-based learning for students who may be disengaged in high school
- To build student confidence and preparedness for the post-secondary world
- Students attend college for half days for one semester
- Students rotate through program clusters where they are exposed to more than 25 Holland College programs
- Rotations are complemented by tours, guest speakers, volunteering, fundraising, presenting, and portfolio development
- Every day is different: different instructors and different activities
- Increases self-awareness and confidence
- Students receive two high school credits and preferred status when applying to any Holland College program upon completion
- Students are better prepared, as they are familiar with post-secondary environment and expectations
In the Holland College Charlottetown and Summerside campuses, Transitions students explore many different programs. For detailed information, please explore the program links.
|Program Coordinator:||(902) 629-4248|
|Charlottetown Office:||(902) 629-4204|
|Summerside Office:||(902) 888-6434|