Student Job Posting - Construction Project Manager
Duron Atlantic Limited
Employer: Duron Atlantic Limited
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2018
- Duron Atlantic Limited is one of the most diverse and longest serving multi-trade contractors in Atlantic Canada. We are a locally owned and operated construction company in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia that has been successfully serving the industrial, commercial and institutional markets for over 30 years.
- Duron Atlantic has the equipment, the systems and the know-how to address construction issues related to structural restorations, building envelope protection, plus hard surface polishing and coatings.
- Working from our head office in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, the Project Manager will be responsible to lead and successfully manage construction projects as diverse as our customer base.
- The ideal Project Manager will be someone who has an in-depth experience in construction and building science projects, including the ability to effectively manage trades, work directly with customers, and coordinate jobs with engineers and other professional consultants.
- The project cycle will consist of identifying work, bidding on projects, planning, directing resources, managing costs, schedules and expectations.
• Grow the business, by identifying potential projects, plus paying attention to details in your current projects and any reporting required (e.g. cost estimates, profit margins, timeliness, safety, quality, client expectations, financials, and continuous improvement);
• Grow strong, positive, and value-added relationships with customers, suppliers, and fellow employees;
• Ensure safe work practices are adhered to on all projects, including adherence to legislation, with an expectation for establishing industry best practices;
• Produce quality work, through the efficient coordination of all aspects of assigned projects, beginning to end; • Solve problems, by working objectively with others in proactive and practical ways;
• Be an accountable team leader, providing practical guidance to field staff and working with cooperatively with others.
• Experienced in construction, with 5+ years of practical management skills in construction;
• Experienced with estimating, scheduling, coordination of trades, logistics, procurement, and safe work practices;
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
• Effective in working with computers, including managing the administration of projects and related analytics;
• Post-secondary education in a related discipline is preferred. If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence to HR@DuronAtlantic.com.
Please reference Project Manager in the subject line of your email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence to HR@DuronAtlantic.com. Please reference Project Manager in the subject line of your email.