Student Job Posting - Construction Supervisor
Duron Atlantic Limited
Employer: Duron Atlantic Limited
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018
- Duron Atlantic Limited is one of the most diverse and longest serving multi-trade contractors in Atlantic Canada. We are a locally owned and operated construction services company in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, successfully serving the industrial, commercial and institutional markets for over 30 years.
- Job Overview: Working under the direction of a project manager from our head office in Dartmouth, the Supervisor will be responsible to lead and successfully manage construction crews.
- The ideal person will be someone who has in-depth and hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas: • Concrete, masonry, and structural restoration projects • Building envelope, caulking and waterproofing • Floor polishing, treatments, and coatings The ideal candidate will be able to read blueprints, estimate work required to do a job, plus oversee labourers and sub-contractors.
• Ensure safe work practices are adhered to on all projects, including adherence to legislation, with an expectation of establishing industry best practices;
• Produce quality and efficient work, through all aspects of assigned projects, beginning to end;
• Grow strong, positive, and value-added relationships, especially with your fellow employees;
• Solve problems by working objectively with others in proactive and practical ways;
• A self-starter who is driven to produce effective results;
• Detail-oriented, including preplanning for jobs through to the completion of projects.
Job Requirements: • Experienced in construction, with 5+ years of practical skills in concrete and masonry renovation, demolition, reconstruction, waterproofing, buildings, infrastructure construction;
• Experienced in leading and supervising crews on construction projects;
• Experienced with scaffolding, air compressors, and other construction equipment;
• At least a Class 5 Driver Licence is required for operating and driving light construction vehicles;
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills, including keeping notes of daily activities;
• Able to work on multiple projects at the same time;
• Effective in working with customers and project managers, including paperwork, as required;
• Effective in working in physically demanding environments, including heavy lifting, long hours, and noisy conditions, if required; • Trades education in a related discipline is preferred; If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence to HR@DuronAtlantic.com.
Please reference Supervisor in the subject line of your email. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- If you are interested in this career opportunity, please forward your resume in confidence to HR@DuronAtlantic.com. Please reference Supervisor in the subject line of your email.