Student Job Posting - Aquaculture Technologist
Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Employer: Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Salary: Based on Experience
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018
- The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking an Aquaculture Technologist to assist in the daily operations of its R&D Facility in Souris, Prince Edward Island.
- This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Fish Health.
- Our research team focuses on providing high quality contract R&D support and professional services to the aquaculture industry.
- The successful candidate(s) will be a key member of CATC Fish Health team with the following responsibilities:
- - Assist in the daily operations of the aquarium facilities in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Performs daily husbandry and equipment monitoring including data collection in compliance with standard operating procedures, and good laboratory and clinical practices.
- Assists in setting up and decommissioning of aquaculture systems.
- Expected to work weekends on rotation.
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- Experience handling and maintenance of animals and/or aquaculture systems.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures
- Physically able to handle tasks that could include lifting, bending and climbing.
- Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- CATC offers a competitive salary and benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans.
- Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to: email@example.com with ‘Aquaculture Technologist‐Fish Health’ as the subject line.
- Applications are accepted until the position is filled; only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.