Student Job Posting - Research Associate - Fish Health
Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Employer: Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada
Salary: Based on Experience
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018
- The Center for Aquaculture Technologies Canada, a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking an Research Associate to assist in the daily operations of its R&D Facility in Souris, Prince Edward Island.
- This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Fish Health.
- Our research team focuses on providing high quality contract R&D support and professional services to the aquaculture industry.
- Assisting in the execution of experiments and clinical trials.
- Care and maintenance of the laboratory including calibration of equipment and completion of records.
- Care and maintenance of research animals including daily husbandry and animal welfare checks. Propagation and maintenance of pathogen isolates including use of standard cell culture and microbiological techniques.
- Development and revision of standard operating procedures.
- Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality.
- A minimum University degree or College diploma in a relevant scientific field for example Aquaculture, Animal Biology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or Cell Biology/Physiology.
- Experience handling and maintenance of animals and/or aquaculture systems.
- Physically able to handle tasks that could include lifting, bending and climbing.
- Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard - operating procedures.
- Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset. - Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi‐task.
- Self‐motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- CATC offers a competitive salary and benefits including group health care and retirement savings plans. Please send CV/Resume and provide the contact information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Research Associate‐Fish Health’ as the subject line.
- Applications are accepted until the position is filled; only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.