Student Job Posting - Banquet Service Coordinator - Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (18000K9X)
Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Employer: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018
- Here’s To Your Journey with Sheraton Sheraton is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading hospitality company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel, located at 123 Queen St W, Toronto, ON, M5H2M9 is currently hiring a Banquet Service Coordinator.
- Responsibilities include: Meet group coordinator/host(ess) prior to functions, make introductions, and ensure that all arrangements are agreeable. Read and analyze banquet event order in order to gather guest information, determine proper set up, timeline, specific guest needs, buffets, action stations, etc. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Follow up on special banquet event arrangements to ensure compliance. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect. Support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e. g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e. g., to identify defects).
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- To apply now, go to: https://marriott.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000K9X Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities. Chat, engage and follow us on social media. www.facebook.com/marriottjobsandcareers www.twitter.com/marriottcareers www.linkedin.com/company/marriott-international http://www.instagram.com/marriottcareers @lifeatmarriott on Snapchat So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. Notification to Applicants: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and will provide accommodations to job applicants needing assistance.
- If you require an accommodation in relation to this job posting, our online application or an interview, please contact Liana Carniello at 416-947-4838 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation as part of the recruiting process.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by: