Student Job Posting - Programmer/Application Developer
Employer: CONTAX Inc.
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 18, 2018
- CONTAX is currently seeking to hire programmers who would be responsible for designing, coding, debugging, documenting, and supporting changes in SAP’s ABAP programming language. Don’t know ABAP? Have no fear! CONTAX will provide you training on the specific semantics of this language.
- As long as you have a solid foundation in programming, you will have no problem picking up this straightforward language. You will be responsible for translating functional and technical specifications into code, assisting with the testing of that code, and documenting your changes.
- Using your software development background, you will follow best practice coding standards and ensure your end product meets the high-quality standards that CONTAX strives for. You will work through a variety of clients and on a variety of projects during your time here.
- SAP is a world class ERP platform used by most of the Fortune 500 companies, and is also gaining an increased market share in small and medium-sized enterprises.
- This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals implementing and supporting SAP for many different industries and organizations!
- Position Type: Permanent - Full Time Key Duties and Responsibilities - Interpret business issues into technical solutions - Execute client projects within timelines and budgets - Work to develop an open, honest relationship with clients and partners - Communicate with CONTAX staff, both senior and junior to ensure all clients’ needs are addressed - Provide customers with value-added service and results - Carry out assignments focused on helping customers meet their business needs
- Work under minimum supervision, seeking guidance from mentors when needed - Design and implement technical solutions customized to meet client needs - Evaluate and re-engineer clients’ existing business processes - Develop custom reporting tools - Translate business requirements to SAP functional designs including: interface, report, and application extension design
- Provide input into the design of SAP enhancements and roll outs, offering advice and thoughts providing feedback. - Develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards. - Provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking and resolution. - Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- About CONTAX CONTAX is an SAP Gold Channel Partner and one of the fastest growing and dynamic partners in the SAP Ecosystem. CONTAX focuses exclusively on implementing and supporting the SAP enterprise applications for both large enterprises and midsized companies. Our clients include some of the most prestigious and well-known companies in the world. With clients in USA, Canada and Europe, CONTAX is aggressively expanding our geographical scope and presence in the SAP marketplace.
- Our rapid growth and expansion creates challenging, rewarding and interesting career opportunities for career-minded professionals wanting to expand their horizons and take their careers to the next level.
- Exhibit a high degree of technical and professional competence
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Experience with web services and databases is a plus
- Proven success in both team-oriented and individual environments - Work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer
- Personality, Behaviour and Attitude
- Consultants must listen to the customer
- Approach problems in a methodical and logical manner
- Use analytical thinking, research and effective communication
- Must be outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident.
- Consultants have to be able to hold a conversation in a non-technical area
- Consultants must demonstrate some level of passion about a hobby, team, activity group
- Consultants must be trustworthy and punctual. - *Attention to detail*:
- Consultants who are detail oriented and have a good grasp of their time management can be very successful despite other shortcomings that are technical in nature.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by: