Student Job Posting - House Chef
Macleod House Windsor
Employer: Macleod House Windsor
Salary: Macleod House offers
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2018
- Macleod House Windsor is looking for a motivated, energetic leader with excellent culinary, customer service and operations management skills to join our team.
- As House Chef, you will oversee all kitchen operations to ensure the quality of food preparation and service provided to our Residents meets Macleod House Standards.
- Ensuring resident safety
- Engaging with residents and employees to consistently achieve high results
- Hiring & training team in culinary and service skills
- Maintaining food & labour costs (order and receive food supplies)
- Preparing meals for residents and ensuring dietary needs are met
- Operates, maintains and monitors food production equipment and food preparation areas.
• Experience in the Food Service Industry • Community College Culinary Management or Skills Program or Acceptable Equivalent • Valid Food Safety/Food Handler’s Certification • Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan; • Preferred Red Seal & Smart Serve Certification
- Passion for Residents and positive team work
- Good computer skills • Values of Respect, Integrity, Transparency, Compassion & Excellence
- Previous experience in a volume food preparation environment in the retirement living or health care setting is an asset
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Please provide Resume and Cover Letter