Student Job Posting - Mechanical Engineering Technician (Buildings)
Orange Door Engineering
Employer: Orange Door Engineering
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2018
- A small mechanical engineering company is looking to expand from 1 employee to 2!
- I’m looking for the right individual with the right motivation – all job responsibilities can be taught on-the-job.
- The job responsibilities include: – drafting mechanical systems for building – simple engineering calculations for system sizing – creating energy model geometry from architectural drawings There’s room to grow with more responsibility depending on the individual.
- An ideal candidate would be a recent college graduate from an architectural technician’s program or energy analysis program and be eligible for the PEI Graduate Mentorship Program.
- Recent graduates from a University Engineering program will be considered, as well as individuals experienced with mechanical drafting/design. This job offers the opportunity to learn all the skills needed to be an engineering technician.
- If you’re a highly organized person, who likes to learn on the job, become autonomous and wants to work on an industry that offers a different challenge everyday, then this job is for you.
- Start date and hours of work are flexible.
- Diploma in a Technologist program OR Diploma in an energy modeling program OR Degree in Engineering OR Equivalent experience considered
- Ability to use AutoCAD fluently is a requirement. Benefits would include (but not required):
- Valid drivers licence
- Knowledge of EQuest modeling software
- Revit experience
- Understanding of fans, pumps and general mechanical equipment
- Interest in construction and understanding of construction technics
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please apply through email only. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.