Student Job Posting - Programmer/App Developer
Employer: CONTAX Inc.
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Dec 31, 2017
- CONTAX is currently seeking to hire programmers who would be responsible for designing, coding, debugging, documenting, and supporting changes in SAP's ABAP programming language. Don't know ABAP? Have no fear!
- CONTAX will provide you training on the specific semantics of this language. As long as you have a solid foundation in programming, you will have no problem picking up this straightforward language.
- You will be responsible for translating functional and technical specifications into code, assisting with the testing of that code, and documenting your changes.
- Using your software development background, you will follow best practice coding standards and ensure your end product meets the high-quality standards that CONTAX strives for.
- You will work through a variety of clients and on a variety of projects during your time here. SAP is a world class ERP platform used by most of the Fortune 500 companies, and is also gaining an increased market share in small and medium-sized enterprises.
- This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team of professionals implementing and supporting SAP for many different industries and organizations!
Full Time Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interpret business issues into technical solutions
- Execute client projects within timelines and budgets
- Work to develop an open, honest relationship with clients and partners
- Communicate with CONTAX staff, both senior and junior to ensure all clients' needs are addressed
- Provide customers with value-added service and results
- Carry out assignments focused on helping customers meet their business needs
- Work under minimum supervision, seeking guidance from mentors when needed
- Design and implement technical solutions customized to meet client needs
- Evaluate and re-engineer clients' existing business processes
- Develop custom reporting tools
- Translate business requirements to SAP functional designs including: interface, report, and application extension design
- Provide input into the design of SAP enhancements and roll outs, offering advice and thoughts providing feedback.
- Develop quality code and its associated documentation adhering to team and departmental development standards.
- Provide SAP support including analysis, development, testing, tracking and resolution.
- Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Exhibit a high degree of technical and professional competence
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and interpersonal skills
- Experience with web services and databases is a plus
- Proven success in both team-oriented and individual environments
- Work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer
- Personality, Behaviour and Attitude
- Consultants must listen to the customer
- Approach problems in a methodical and logical manner
- Use analytical thinking, research and effective communication
- Must be outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident.
- Consultants have to be able to hold a conversation in a non-technical area
- Consultants must demonstrate some level of passion about a hobby, team, activity group - Consultants must be trustworthy and punctual.
- *Attention to detail*:
- Consultants who are detail oriented and have a good grasp of their time management can be very successful despite other shortcomings that are technical in nature.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by: