Student Job Posting - Community Assistant
Employer: L'Arche Canada
Salary: Salary plus Benefits
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: May 2, 2017
- We welcome Assistants to live, work, and learn together with men and women with intellectual disabilities in our communities. Founded by Jean Vanier in 1964, L'Arche strives to shape a more human and just society. "Community Assistant" Role
- Assistants" support core members (men and women with intellectual disabilities) in their daily life.
- We cook and eat dinner together, get together with friends, participate in activities in our neighbourhoods, go on vacation together, and celebrate often.
- Through friendship and relationships with Core Members, Assistants gain valuable life skills and opportunities for personal growth and leadership.
- More than a job, we offer an exceptional and life changing adventure in friendship and self-discovery.
- Each year L'Arche hires 200 new Assistants to live and work in 29 communities across Canada
- All new Assistants participate in the L'Arche Leadership Development Program
- Many Assistants choose to stay at L'Arche for one or two years.
- There are also opportunities for longer term roles in leadership across the country
- There are opportunities to transfer to one of 146 L'Arche communities around the world
- Compensation and Benefits are provided. Assistant Roles are Full-Time.
- We hire people from a wide variety of educational backgrounds.
- We are looking for people with an open attitude, a desire to grow, and who want to make a difference
- Opportunities available in either English or French
- Training is provided through L'Arche's Leadership Development Program
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Online @ www.larche-work.ca
How to Apply:
- Online Application System: www.larche-work.ca
- Please submit CV or Resume with online application.
- Application deadline is May 2, 2017
- Start Date: L'Arche hires year round.
- We are currently seeking applicants who can begin in May. We also are seeking applicants who can begin in September.