Student Job Posting - Sumer Mobile Video Reporter
i communications inc
Employer: i communications inc
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 24, 2017
- As a Summer Reporter you'll be responsible for sourcing news stories, making contact with potential participants, interviewing those involved in the story, piecing the story together, editing the story on your mobile phone, and then live streaming it to the website. Easy peasy.
- We need the summer reporter to be excited by the prospect of bringing the dynamic happenings of Halifax/Charlottetown or Fredericton to life, both big and small events, and making all of them relevant to the citizens of these areas.
- Someone involved with the Journalism program is preferred but not required. Talent, ability, and aptitude trumps most things.
- The ideal candidate would be a second or third year journalism student but not a necessity.
- More than anything we need a quick learner who is competent and who can tell a good story in front of a camera.
- We need someone who can see trends in society (from close at hand or farther afield) and tell how it relates to their community.
- We want someone who can find the stories and events of the day and bring them to light.
- We want someone who's interested in making a change in the way news is delivered. T
- his exciting job is open to anyone who feels they have this ability. And with this being the summer of Canada's 150 (and the capital city) there will be a lots and lots to cover - very exciting times.
- Having your own vehicle is an asset (not a requirement) as is having some basic video shooting/public speaking/reporting skills.
- If you have ability and desire, we'll help instruct you on the rest. Without a doubt it will be an exciting summer.
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- We would like to see a cover letter and resume of relevant experience and/or why you think you can do this job.