Student Job Posting - Dental Assistant
Highland Dental Centre
Employer: Highland Dental Centre
Salary: Hourly Wage TBD
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 30, 2017
- We are looking for a CDA/RDA to join our well-established practice in New Glasgow, NS. Schedule: Full-time, 4 days per week, 8.5 hour days. Must be available Monday-Saturday and 1 evening per week.
- Key Competencies Treatment - All clinical chairside assisting duties including correct usage of suction, passing instruments and materials, mixing techniques, and knowledge of instrumentation
- Taking impressions, polishing, placement and removal of rubber dams, application of topical materials, pit and fissure sealants and other clinical duties
- Possesses knowledge and skills in advanced chairside assisting such as implants, oral surgery
- Takes, develops, mounts, labels and files patients’ x-rays adequately and accurately
- Serve as an infection control officer, prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment Patient Relationships
- Establishes strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
- Deliver optimal levels of continuity between patient and service provider
- Anticipates patient needs through chart review and observation, making patients feel comfortable
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Promotes comprehensive dentistry and active maintenance Teamwork
- Cleans and prepares treatment room in accordance with infection control and practice protocols for each patient - Process contaminated instruments and equipment
- Maintains appropriate levels of supplies in treatment room, restocking supplies
- Attends and actively participates in team meetings
- Contributes to the team by working together as a cohesive unit - Establishes a level of comfort and trust with service provider
- Actively and willingly offers assistance to other team members without being asked
- Regularly presents process improvements to the Practice and seeks opportunities to make extra contributions to the overall benefit of the Practice
- Maintains composure under pressure during times of change
- Detailed understanding of practice health and safety requirements
- Performing front office duties as required, such as answering phones, booking appointments, billing and ordering supplies We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted.
- Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338.
- Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible .
- Dental Assisting Level II
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Interested applicants please send resume to email@example.com