Student Job Posting - Finance Assistant
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Mar 31, 2017
- The Finance Assistant will contribute to the efficient and effective workings of the finance department by executing daily tasks with a strong attention to detail.
- This role will utilize moderate accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem solving to ensure success.
- Accounts Payable, includes processing invoices, following up with vendors and resolving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Accounts Receivable, including processing payments, producing statement of accounts, collections on overdue accounts and account reconciliation when required.
- Banking, processing bank deposits if required.
- All associated finance entries.
- Processing Employee expense reports, verifying expenses are within the company guidelines, correcting errors, questioning abnormal expenses and entering into the finance system.
- Company credit card reconciliations and communication for obtaining supporting documentation.
- Invoice creation and distribution when required.
- Documentation, filing and records retention.
- Assisting with monthly and year end tasks.
- Office administration duties as required.
- Assisting the Controller with maintenance and management of all locations.
- Reception support.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Post-Secondary education in relevant area (or equivalent work experience)
- 1-3 years accounting experience
- SAP experience is a definite asset
- Detail oriented, ability to show initiative and take responsibility
- Strong MS Office skills
- Effective time management skills
- Enhanced verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team oriented environment
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Outgoing, personable, responsible, self motivated, and confident
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Please visit https://career8.successfactors.com/career?company=C0002633035P to see all of our current opportunities!