Student Job Posting - Christian Summer Camp Staff for Underprivileged Kids
Hope Mission Summer Camps
Employer: Hope Mission Summer Camps
Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Jun 14, 2017
- Hope Mission operates two Christian Summer camps which provide a summer camp experience for kids from single parent, foster and group homes.
- Brightwood Ranch is 220 acres of rolling hills located one hour west of Edmonton, Alberta. We operate programs for youth ages 6-17 through 6 day resident and outtripping camps.
- Camp Gardner is 104 acres located 20 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta near Bragg Creek.
- We operate 8 weeks for youth ages 6-15 through 6 day resident camps. Hope Mission has a vision that men, women, youth and children who come to our doors would come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour.
- This vision can be fulfilled only if all staff are diligent in serving, strengthening and uplifting people in the name of Jesus Christ. Camp Activities Include: Horseback riding, archery, climbing wall, low ropes course, zip line, riflery, drama, crafts, petting zoo, wilderness skills, Bible studies, chapels, games and much more.
- 4 Month Positions: program directors, unit leaders (oversee different camps’ program and staff), head wrangler, horse camp instructor, youth development program leaders, secretary, maintenance, head cook, and assistant cook.
- 2 Month Positions (July and August): counsellors, nurses, kitchen helpers, male and female unit leaders, wranglers, climbing wall instructor, and out camp food coordinator. We also look for people willing to come for part of the summer as well.
- Start Date is May 1 or June 21, 2017 (depending on position) until August 25, 2017. Monthly Wage is $1000-$1700/month plus room and board and the ability to raise additional funds through church, friends and family.
- For additional information about positions, salary and how our camp runs, please visit www.hopemission.com/summercamp and check out the
- Staff Information Page. Contact Brent Ankrom for questions about the camps and position descriptions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committed Christian Love for underprivileged kids Enjoyment of the outdoors
How to Apply:
Applicants may apply by:
- Please send: 1. Resume 2. Cover Letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry
- To: People and Culture, Hope Mission E-mail: email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Contact Details: Human Resources Hope Mission 9908 106 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5J 2L8 Fax: 780-453-1455 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.hopemission.com/summercamp