This program prepares you for the varied demands of the wind energy industry. Courses in math and physics reinforce your understanding of the mechanical and electrical systems on the turbine and hydraulic systems you will maintain.
Extensive safety training and rescue drills ensure you understand and respect the strict protocols of the industry. You’ll gain significant experience during on the job training, servicing >100kw turbines locally and at utility wind farms throughout the Maritimes.
By the time you graduate, you’ll be ready to start your apprenticeship in a number of positions in the wind energy industry, and will be well on your way to your Red Seal.
|Location:||Summerside Waterfront Campus|
|Credential:||Certificate, Wind Turbine Technician|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Grade 12* or equivalent with credits at or above the general level
- Class 5 Driver’s license
- Driver’s Abstract
- Completion of a Holland College Medical Form
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program which you are applying
Note: Preference will be given to applicants with Grade 11 or 12 physics. You must be in excellent physical condition as determined by a thorough medical examination, and be able to participate in strenuous physical activity on elevated work platforms in adverse weather conditions
*If you do not meet the academic requirements, you can still apply. Contact Admissions about the Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES).
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Maintenance technician
- Wind turbine installation
- Wind turbine manufacture
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Wind Turbine Technician program, contact:
- General Inquiries: (902) 888-6448