In the Theatre Performance diploma program, you will gain the acting, voice and dance skills required for interdisciplinary performance, plus a comprehensive understanding of associated careers in the performing arts. You will be encouraged to develop your own artistic voice through courses such as Creativity and improvisation.
Upon graduation, you’ll be ready to start your career, or continue training in a conservatory or university setting.
Check out this video created by our dance performance student Connor Sharpe:
“Average Week” featuring the music “A Great Big World—This is the New Year”
The Holland College School of Performing Arts (SoPA) is a partnership between Holland College and Confederation Centre of the Arts.
All auditions are by appointment. To audition, contact Peggy Reddin by email or by phone at (902) 629-1196.
To get an appointment to audition, you must apply for the program.
|Location:||Confederation Centre of the Arts and Prince of Wales Campus|
|Credential:||Diploma, Theatre Performance|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level
- Performance audition
- Résumé including related training, work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program.
- Cruise ships
- Dinner theatres
- Musical theatre productions
- Film and television
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Theatre Performance program, contact:
- Gaylene Carragher (902) 629-7032
- Peggy Reddin (902) 629-1196