Power engineers are responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of boilers, turbines, and refrigeration and air conditioning in commercial or industrial buildings.
Your knowledge of math and physics will be paired with the mechanical and technical knowledge needed to begin a career as a 4th Level power engineer. You will learn how to troubleshoot issues and make repairs on a variety of equipment. As you gain more experience, you will be able to upgrade your designation.
Students have access to top of the line equipment on site, providing you with the opportunity to troubleshoot and resolve issues with equipment you’ll encounter when you start your career.
- Plant Services
- Prime Movers
- Refrigeration/Air Conditioning
- Plant Safety
|Location:||Marine Training Centre, Summerside|
|Credential:||Certificate, 4th Level Power Engineer|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Academic Grade 12
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program.
Note: Emphasis is placed on abilities in math and physics
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Power plants
- Waste treatment plants
- Wind power sites
- Chemical plants
- Food processing plants
- Large building complexes
- Other industries that utilize large industrial equipment
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Power Engineering program, contact:
- Steve MacFarlane, Master Mariner
- General inquires: (902) 888-6485.