This accredited program is nationally recognized for the high quality of its training. Theory will be delivered to you in a classroom setting, complemented by our fully functional dental operatories (working spaces), digital radiography units and dental lab. With a ratio of approximately 10 students per instructor, you receive expert advice to guide your experience. By the time you graduate, you will be competent in the entire core skill set recognized across Canada. With successful completion of the National Board Exam, you will be eligible for licensure in all provinces within Canada.
We recommend that you spend a day observing in a general practice dental office before attending this program.
We collaborate with local industry leaders and educational organizations as well as National Dental Assisting organizations to ensure that graduates are able to meet all aspects of the profession of dental assisting.
Other dental related courses are offered on an ongoing basis via Distance Delivery.
|Location:||Prince of Wales Campus|
|Credential:||Certificate, Dental Assistant Level II|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level
- Grade 12 academic English, minimum of 65%
- Grade 11 or 12 academic biology, minimum of 65%
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level Certificate from a recognized First Aid/CPR trainer
- Completion of Immunization Verification Form (required after acceptance)
- Current Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) Certificate
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program
Note: Computer skills considered an asset.
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Private dental offices
- Provincial dental offices
- Dental assisting schools
- Dental schools
Employment opportunities for graduates exist not only in Atlantic Canada but also throughout other parts of Canada.
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Dental Assisting program, contact:
- Wanda MacInnis
- Telephone: 902-566-9683
- Health & Community Studies Office: (902) 566-9564