You must apply to the program before you will be contacted for an audition.
Applicants will be contacted following their application to the program.
Auditions can take place in person or by distance; however, it is highly recommended that applicants audition in person.
IN PERSON AUDITION LOCATION
Auditions for the Dance Performance program take place at the Confederation Centre of the Arts, Charlottetown. Please enter through the Richmond Street Door.
The dance audition for all applicants will consist of a ballet warm-up and combinations in jazz and modern. Applicants also have the option of presenting a one minute prepared piece in a style of their choice. Following the performance part of the dance audition, applicants will be asked to participate in a brief interview.
Distance Audition: For those who are unable to attend an in-person audition
For a distance audition, applicants are required to send a video recording of all of the following:
1. Dance: Applicants performing a dance in a style of their choice, approximately
one minute in length. For those with ballet training, please demonstrate barre exercises including pliés, tendue, ronds de jambe, adage, and grands battements.
2. Interview: Applicants will participate in a telephone interview at a time to be determined by the applicant and the instructor.
3. Photo/headshot: Applicants are asked to include a recent photo or headshot with their video.
Videos are to be mailed to:
Holland College School of Performing Arts
140 Weymouth Street
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4Z1
The audition/review of auditions will be conducted by:
- Peggy Reddin, Director of Arts Education, Confederation Centre of the Arts/Instructor, SoPA;
- Amy Shelton, Instructor, Dance Performance, SoPA; and
- Taryn Verkerk, Instructor, Dance Performance, SoPA.
If you have any questions or require additional information about the audition, please contact Peggy Reddin.