You must apply to the program before you will be contacted for an audition.
Applicants will be contacted following their application to the program.
Auditions can take place in person or by distance; however, it is highly recommended that applicants audition in person.
IN PERSON AUDITION LOCATION
Auditions for the Dance Performance program take place at the Confederation Centre of the Arts, Charlottetown. Please enter through the Richmond Street Door.
The dance audition for all applicants will consist of a ballet warm-up and combinations in jazz and modern. Applicants also have the option of presenting a one minute prepared piece in a style of their choice. Following the performance part of the dance audition, applicants will be asked to participate in a brief interview.
Distance Audition: For those who are unable to attend an in-person audition
For a distance audition, please submit the following:
- Video recording (DVD, or through Youtube or Dropbox): Applicants must demonstrate the following exercises, either at the barre or in the centre: pliés, battements tendue, ronds de jambe, adage, and grands battements. As well, please include a dance in a style of your choice, approximately one minute in length.
- Dance Resume: Please include any previous training, including style of dance and number of years of study, exams, etc.
- Cover letter explaining your long-term dance goals and why you think you would be a good fit for this program (and vice versa)
A link to your video should be emailed to Peggy Reddin: firstname.lastname@example.org,
or you may mail a DVD to her:
Peggy Reddin, SoPA Instructor
Confederation Centre of the Arts
145 Richmond Street
The audition/review of auditions will be conducted by:
- Peggy Reddin, Director of Arts Education, Confederation Centre of the Arts/Instructor, SoPA;
- Amy Shelton, Instructor, Dance Performance, SoPA; and
- Taryn Verkerk, Instructor, Dance Performance, SoPA.
If you have any questions or require additional information about the audition, please contact Peggy Reddin.