In this program, you will learn how to plan, coordinate, and manage construction projects from inception to completion. You will learn about building materials, drawings and specifications, and the construction process. You will have the opportunity to prepare estimates of the cost of materials, labour, site overhead, and start-up costs for residential construction projects.
You will also visit construction sites and take courses in construction law and contract documents, drafting fundamentals, and construction surveying. You will acquire an understanding of the construction industry and on the job training will put that understanding into action, so that when you graduate, you will be ready to start your career at an administrative or middle management level.
Graduates with two years of appropriate work experience can apply for registration with the Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists of Prince Edward Island, which can lead to a Gold Seal Certification as a construction superintendent, estimator, and project manager.
The Construction Technology and Management program is accredited by the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board (CTAB) of the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists (Technician level).
This is a US Federal Aid Approved program.
|Location:||Prince of Wales Campus|
|Credential:||Diploma, Construction Technician|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Grade 12 or equivalent with credits at or above the general level
- Grade 12 academic English
- Grade 12 academic math
- Grade 11 or 12 academic physics
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- General and subcontractors
- Government offices and agencies
- Construction product manufacturers
- Inspection and testing firms
- Building material suppliers
- Engineering offices
- Construction administrators
- Cost estimating firms
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Construction Technology and Management program, contact:
- Terry McKenna
- Applied Science & Technology Office: (902) 629-4206