This comprehensive training program encompasses all aspects of the architectural building industry. It offers an intensive study of architectural building sciences, the principles of architectural and engineering design, materials of construction and the preparation of contract documents. Extensive emphasis is also placed on Computer-Aided Design (CAD).
You will take a two-part technical thesis course in which you will have the opportunity to conduct an independent learner-initiated research project in a building related discipline.
You will also take surveying and site planning, history of architecture, introduction to sustainable design, contract administration, project management, and built environment courses.
You will gain a thorough knowledge of the construction process from the inception to the completion of working drawings for residential and commercial projects. Individual and team projects provide you with the opportunity to develop competencies that are imperative for a successful career as an Architectural Technologist.
The Architectural Technology program is accredited at the Technologist Level by the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board (CTAB) of the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists.
|Location:||Prince of Wales Campus|
|Credential:||Diploma, Architectural Technologist|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Grade 12 academic or equivalent
- Grade 12 academic English, minimum of 65%
- Grade 12 academic math, minimum of 65%
- Grade 11 or 12 physics, minimum of 65%*
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program
*Applicants with a mark of 80% or higher in Grade 12 academic math may be exempt from the physics requirement
Note: Applicants are strongly encouraged to have training or experience in the use of computers such as operating systems, keyboarding, desktop application software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Drafting services
- Interior designers
- Government offices and agencies
- Construction product manufacturers
- Material suppliers
- Inspection and testing firms
- Self employment
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Architectural Technology program, contact:
- Bruceyene Collins
- Applied Science & Technology Office: (902) 629-4206