This program will build on your expertise as a primary care paramedic and prepare you to play an increased role as a first responder. Your training covers everything from operational and procedural skills, to the skills you need to make critical decisions in an emergency. You will enhance your verbal and written communications skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills. You will complete two hospital clinical rotations and one on the job placement.
The Advanced Care Paramedicine program delivered by Holland College is accredited by Accreditation Canada. www.accreditation.ca
Graduates from an accredited Paramedicine program areeligible to write the National Exam for Paramedics in Canada. Successful completing of the exam is required for Paramedic Registration in many Provinces in Canada including Prince Edward Island.
|Location:||Prince of Wales Campus|
|Credential:||Post Graduate Certificate, Advanced Care Paramedic|
|Minimum passing grade per course:
- Graduation from a AC accredited 2-year Canadian Primary Care Paramedicine program or equivalent
- Criminal Records Check (Vulnerable Sector) with no findings of guilt
- Completion of three reference forms, one from the ACP or PCP field
- Completion of Holland College Medical Form
- Current Heart and Stroke BLS
- Completion of Immunization Verification Form (required after acceptance)
- Valid Class 4 driver’s license
- Résumé including work and volunteer experience with applicable dates, membership in groups, associations or athletics, awards and distinctions, and any other information about yourself relevant to the program
Graduates from this program may find employment with:
- Ground Ambulance
- Industrial First Aid
- Recreation and sports facilities
- Emergency medical education
- Medical supply sales
- Emergency departments
- Air ambulance
- Communication centres
The National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the nationally accepted reference on occupations in Canada. It organizes over 40,000 job titles into 500 occupational group descriptions. It is used daily by thousands of people to compile, analyze and communicate information about occupations, and to understand the jobs found throughout Canada’s labour market. This program provides skills training that falls within the duties described in the following: NOC 3234.
Interested in taking a credit course but don’t want to register for an entire program? Credit courses provide credit toward a diploma or certificate program. Holland College has a variety of options for studying part time during the day, or, in some instances, in the evening or on the weekend.
Tuition & Fees
If you have any questions concerning the Advanced Care Paramedicine program, contact: