Transitions began as a pilot in the 2002/2003 school year as a venture between Holland College, the PEI Department of Education, and Service Canada. In its inaugural year, Transitions hosted 16 students from Bluefield Senior High School. The program has since grown to take in over 80 students annually and partners with schools in eastern and western high schools across Prince Edward Island.
- To give Prince Edward Island high school students the opportunity to make informed decisions about post secondary
- To reignite the learning process for students who may be disengaged in high school through student-centered, activity-based learning
- To build student confidence and preparedness for the post-secondary world
|Program Coordinator:||(902) 629-4248|
|Charlottetown Office:||(902) 629-4204|
|Summerside Office:||(902) 888-6711|
- Prerequisite: Career Futures in high school
- Students attend college for half days for one semester and receive two high school credits upon successful completion.
- Students rotate through program clusters/rotations where they are exposed to more than 25 Holland College programs
- Rotations are complemented by tours, guest speakers, volunteering, fundraising, presenting, and portfolio
- Every day is different; has different environments, different instructors and different activities
- Increases self awareness and confidence
- Students receive two high school credits and preferred status when applying to any Holland College program
- Students are better prepared for post-secondary environment
In the Holland College Charlottetown and Summerside campuses, Transitions students explore many different programs. For detailed information, please explore the program links.