The Atlantic Apprenticeship Council’s Atlantic Trades Business Seal program was developed with tradespeople in mind. Divided into five modules, the program will prepare you to launch and operate your own businesses, or to move into a leadership role within a larger organization.
The program is portable, so that wherever you move in Atlantic Canada, the credits that you have already earned will be recognized by each participating community college, enabling you to finish the certificate program without any repetition of courses. This program is open to:
- Journeypersons who have been working for several years and are looking to further develop their business skills in order to open their own business or pursue management/supervisory positions.
- Business owners and unions who want to provide leadership and business training to their employees.
- Tradespeople in business who would like this certification in order to expand their career options. Apprentices may take courses, but will need to have their trades certification before applying for the Business Seal.
Each participant must:
- Successfully complete the instructor’s performance checklist. (A Pass/Fail module assessment structure will be used.)
- Successfully complete all five modules.
- Attend a minimum of 22.5 hours of each 30-hour module.
The modules are:
- Human Resource Management
- Business Planning
- Financial Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Operations Management
Upon successful completion of all five modules, participants will qualify for certification through the Atlantic Apprenticeship Council (ACC).
Adapted from: The Atlantic Trades Business Certificate program in Consultation with The Competency Group. Charlottetown, PE. 2013.
Tim McRoberts, Program Manager
Business Studies, Tourism, and Sport & Leisure
Tel: (902) 566-9612
Fax: (902) 566-9505
There are no courses starting soon. Please check again later.