Distinguished Alumni Awards
The Holland College Foundation Annual Distinguished Alumni Awards are presented by the Holland College Foundation to Holland College alumni who graduated ten or more years ago and have demonstrated professional excellence and leadership in one or more of the following areas on the local, national, or international level:
- Public service
- The environment
- Community service
- Service to Holland College
- Professional achievement
Visit our Gallery of Distinguished Alumni
Criteria & How to Nominate
An annual public call for nominations will be issued identifying a specific deadline for that year’s awards.
Nominations will be accepted from members of the public and Holland College alumni, staff, faculty and students. Current Holland College staff and faculty are not eligible to receive the award; but retirees and former employees may be considered.
- A completed nomination form, which you can download
- Brief answers (approximately 150 words) to each of the following questions:
- In what way are the nominee’s achievements exceptional?
- How has the nominee contributed to society and/or served the community?
- In what way could the nominee serve as an inspiration to students?
- Two letters of reference in support of the nomination
- Other relevant support materials such as news clippings may be included for consideration during the selection process.
- Nominations will remain on file for primary consideration for three years, after which time the nomination will be placed in a secondary file for possible consideration at a later date.
- In the event that no nominations are received, the selection committee can reinstate previous nominations or can nominate a recipient.
- The foundation reserves the right to revoke the award should future circumstances arise pertaining to the award recipient that may reflect unfavourably on the reputation and image of the Holland College Foundation or Holland College.
- The Foundation may also choose not to present an award.
- No more than three awards will be presented annually.
All nominations will be kept confidential. Only the names of the recipients will be publicized.
A committee will be established annually by the Holland College Foundation to review all nominations and recommend award recipients. The President of Holland College and the Holland College Board of Governors will give final approval of the recipients. The committee will be comprised of representatives including:
- Holland College Foundation Board
- Holland College Board of Governors
Administrative support services will be provided by staff from College Advancement.