Facts about Holland College Adult Education
- Adult Ed is provided at NO COST TO STUDENTS regardless of amount of credits, books are also provided at NO COST.
- Must be 18 or graduated from high school to attend.
- We offer academic credits in English, math, biology, chemistry and physics.
- We offer morning/afternoon/evening classes that can complement an existing schedule with Holland College or UPEI.
- All credits are recognized by PEI Department of Education and are accepted at all universities and colleges across Canada.
- Adult Ed serves approximately 600-700 students every year, we average 450 students in our Charlottetown Center, and have 7 locations across PEI.
- Overall academic average is 83%.
- The majority of our students have already graduated high school and some have already completed a college program or degree.
- The majority of our students are 18-25 years old, and 60% of our students plan to attend a Holland College program, that’s why they are here.
- 20% of HC program seats are reserved for qualifying Adult Ed students.
- Students with a 1 year attachment to the labour market are eligible for SKILLS FUNDING, which means they could receive up to 70% program tuition funding and receive EI while attending their program.
- We offer GED practice tests, classes, and are an Official GED Testing Centre for the Province.
- From May through to October we are a PearsonVue Testing Centre, hosting a wide variety of certification exams.
If you would like more information on how we can meet your needs,
please contact our Academic Advisor
Karen Ford-Doyle at 902-566-9362 or firstname.lastname@example.org