Need to upgrade your academic marks or obtain a credit to get into your program of choice?
- Learn in a supportive and friendly environment
- Complete and upgrade academic high school credits
- Prepare to write the GED exam
- Attend courses during the day or the evening
- Get the courses you need to move onto post-secondary programs
GED Program – The GED Program gives adults who have not graduated from high school the opportunity to earn a high school equivalency certificate…FOR FREE!
Anyone wanting to take the GED exam, or attend classes, must complete a mandatory practice test. The Official Practice Test (OPT) is used to determine readiness for the official GED exam; it also helps us create an educational plan that best suits your needs.
The GED exam and practice test consists of five subject areas: math, reading, writing, science and social studies. The Official Practice Test takes approximately four hours to complete, however, we can break it into smaller sections to better fit your schedule. If you score 500 or above in any of the subjects, you are qualified to take the official GED test for that subject(s), bypassing classes!
If you have any questions about the GED program or would like to schedule a practice test, please call Sharon at 902-566-9628, toll free 1-800-446-5265, or email email@example.com.
High School Credits – Do you need to take high school credits or upgrade existing marks to meet the admission requirements for that post-secondary program you have always dreamed of? If so, we can help! We offer credits in science, math and English courses. See the list here. Our courses are recognized at colleges and universities across Canada.
Attend classes during the day or evening at one of our seven centres across the province.
The day program is offered in three intakes of 8 week semesters per year. Please click on the current schedules link to view the schedule for the location closest to you.
The night program is offered in two intakes of 17 week semesters per year. Our night program is offered in the Charlottetown, Summerside, Alberton and Montague locations only. Please click on the current schedules link to view the schedule for the location closest to you.
Thanks to our funding partners, there is no tuition cost for Adult Education IF:
- You are a Canadian Citizen
- You are a Permanent Resident with a Social Insurance Number
If you are ready to apply now, please complete the following steps and move forward with your career!
- Complete Application – Complete this PDF online (not compatible with Macs) or download this PDF.
- Send Transcript – We require a copy of your high school transcript to go with your application. It can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 902-566-9688.
- Once we get both pieces, our academic advisor, Karen Ford-Doyle will contact you and provide you with a course schedule.
NOTE: English proficiency test results will be required if English is not your first language. Click here for more details.
If you have further questions:
- General inquiries – Email: email@example.com, Telephone: 902-566-9628 or toll free 1-800-446-5265
- Academic Advisor – If you would like to speak with our academic advisor about Adult Education programs and courses, post-secondary programs, or admission requirements, please email Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902-566-9362.
- Adult Education contact information