Tuition fees are established for each program, and are available on the program’s page on this website. If you are not sure what the tuition is, contact the Admissions Office at (902) 629-4217 or 1-800-446-5265.
Fees may be paid in cash; by debit card, cheque, or money order; or through online/telephone banking at most major Canadian banks.
Bank payments can take up to three days to be received by the college. However, we consider the payment received the day you make the payment.
If your student loan will not be received by the due date in the finance office, you can request an extension on the due date at the Admissions Office.
- Holland College programs run on a year-based, not a semester-based, system. Tuition for the first year is owed in full at the beginning of the program. For convenience, students are expected to pay 60% of tuition and lab fees on the first day of registration and 40% on the first day of the second half of the program.
- any tuition of $1,000 or less is payable in full upon the day of registration.
- all overdue accounts are subject to interest charges.
- the college reserves the right to cancel the registrations of students who fail to pay their fees.
Students with overdue accounts are not be eligible to:
- register for any other program offered by the college.
- participate in on the job training activities.
- participate in any graduation or other recognition ceremonies.
- receive a diploma, certificate, transcript or any other official student record.
Non-refundable and must be submitted with the application.
When applicants are accepted to a program they must forward a confirmation fee in order to confirm their attendance and hold their seat. The confirmation fee is credited toward the tuition cost. Domestic applicants who officially notify the College of the decision to cancel their seat in a program prior to program commencement are eligible for a refund of the confirmation fee as follows:
- 50% of the confirmation fee will be refunded up to thirty (30) days prior to the start date of the program.
- No refund of the confirmation fee will be granted within less than 30 days before the start date of the program.
- Students accepted less than 30 days prior to the start date of the program will be eligible for a refund of 50% of the confirmation fee, to the end of the last working day prior to start date.
When international applicants are accepted to a program they must forward a confirmation fee of $500 (CAD) in order to confirm their attendance and hold their seat. The confirmation fee and the international student fee ($3,250 CAD) are not refundable unless the applicant has been denied a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). A copy of the letter of refusal from CIC must be received by the College within sixty (60) days of the issued date of the letter. Once the refusal letter has been received by Holland College a refund may be processed. At the time of registration, international applicants will also be charged an International Student Medical Fee, and a Health and Dental Fee. International students may choose to purchase their own Health and Dental insurance. In order to opt out of the Health and Dental Fee, at the time of registration students must provide a copy of adequate health and dental insurance that is acceptable to the College (Health and Dental Insurance for International Students purchased from a Canadian provider.) In order to opt out of the International Student Medical Fee, students must provide a valid Province of PEI Health Card.
Certain programs at Holland College are offered on a program year basis, not a semester system. A listing of those programs offered on a program basis and those on a course basis is attached.
A full time student is defined as anyone who is enrolled for a minimum of 15 hours per week that span a semester, or enrolled in three or more credit courses that have a minimum combined credit value of nine credits that span a semester.
For programs offered on a program basis, tuition in full is due from the start date of the program. For convenience, students are expected to pay sixty percent (60%) of tuition/lab fees before the start date of the program and forty percent (40%) on or before the first day of the second half of the program. If a student chooses not to return any time after sixty (60) calendar days from the commencement of the program, the student is responsible for the full year program fees.
For programs offered on a course basis, tuition is based on the number of enrolled courses taken each semester, and tuition in full is due before the start of each semester.
All other fees are due and payable upon program commencement. These include student union dues and other amounts which may be applicable to certain programs.
When a student loan application is in process, an extension for payment of fees may be granted, upon request, by the student for up to four weeks.
All overdue accounts are subject to interest charges and a late payment fee of $50.
Refunds to students will be granted under the following conditions:
- A student exits the program within sixty (60) calendar days after the day of start date of the program.
- A student changes status (i.e. full-time to part-time or change in start or exit date) within sixty (60) calendar days after the day of start date of the program.
- A student who has been accepted into a program on a probationary basis exits within the probationary period.
- A student exits for health reasons and supplies a medical certificate.
The amount of the refund will be determined as follows:
- Any part of the calendar month attended or registered by a student constitutes a full month. Refunds will be made for complete months only.
- The tuition and fees refund will be based on time subsequent to the student exiting the program; pro-rated over the duration of the course.
- A refund of other items, if applicable, less costs already incurred by the College on behalf of the student.
- A student who is dismissed from a program will not be eligible for a refund.
Refunds to students will be granted under the following conditions:
- If a student exits a course within ten (10) business days of the course start date, the student will receive a full refund for the course less an administrative fee of $50 per course.
- If a student exits a course after ten (10) business days of the course start date, but before 20 business days of the course start date, the student will receive a fifty percent (50%) refund for the course.
- If a student exits a course after 20 business days from the course start date, the student will receive no refund for the course.
|Less than 10 business days||Full tuition less $50 per course|
|More than 10 business days but less than 20 business days||50% of tuition per course|
|More than 20 business days||No refund|