- home > about holland college
About Holland College
Whether you are graduating from high school, transferring from another post-secondary institution, want to up-grade your skills or plan to make a career change, Holland College has more than 65 full-time career training programs to help you reach your goals. When our students were asked why they chose Holland College for their career training, their top three answers were:
- employment opportunities
- the college offered their program of choice
- the college's emphasis on skills oriented training
College Fast Facts
- Founded in 1969
- Approximately 3,300 students attend Holland College programs in Prince Edward Island and China, and an additional 5,200 individuals are enrolled in adult education and continuing education programs.
- Approximately 30 percent of our students are from off-Island.
- 13 locations across Prince Edward Island
- More than $185,000 available to students in scholarships, bursaries and awards.
- More than 100 articulation agreements with a worldwide network of partner universities.
- 65 full-time programs
- 93 percent of graduates in the labour market are employed one year after graduation.
Holland College graduates are working!
Our most recent study of Holland College graduates indicates that 93 per cent of graduates who are in the labour market are employed! Ensuring that our students have the skills and expertise they require for employment in today's marketplace is a college priority:
- the curriculum for all Holland College programs is industry driven, and is practical and relevant for today's workplace
- our diploma and certificate programs are recognized for their combination of theory and hands-on training, and are led by highly qualified instructors, with experience in their particular field
- college programs are reviewed and updated regularly and utilize the most advanced facilities, learning materials and technology
While the quality of your career training program is key to your post- secondary experience, so too is the environment in which you learn. At our training centres across the island, students are made to feel at home in a friendly and comfortable setting. Instructors have time for their students, and there is a personal quality to the learning experience. Small class sizes allow our students the opportunity to develop friendships that will last a lifetime.
We encourage you to take some time to review our program information. If you have questions or require additional information, please contact our staff in the Admissions Office at 1-800-446-5265.
We hope that Holland College can help you to reach your personal and career goals.